Can We Hit Our New Goal Of $30,000 Raised For Hawaii Fire Relief?
A week ago (has it really been a week?), I did not anticipate us raising over $25,000 for the people of Maui… but we did! A HUGE mahalo to everyone who has donated or purchased some tiki art from this fundraiser. We have raised the goal again to $30,000. If you have purchased an item, we are working as quickly as we can to get your item to you, while also listing new things and managing our full time jobs. Mahalo for your patience! If you have sent me an email, I am working through them but it is taking me some time. If you have a mug to donate, please email me at email@example.com. You can also make a direct financial contribution to some of the same charities we are donating to. Here are a few we recommend:
- The Maui Strong Fund was created to provide community resilience with resources for disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. The fund is currently being used to support communities affected by the wildfires on Maui. Click here to donate.
- The Maui Food Bank is accepting both physical drop-off donations at various locations across Maui as well as online monetary donations on its website. Click here to donate.
- A leader in disaster relief, the Hawaiʻi Red Cross is providing assistance and shelter to Maui fire victims. Click here to donate.
- The Maui Humane Society is providing assistance to pets and people who are displaced by the recent wildfires. Click here to donate.
- Maui United Way has set-up a fund specific for Maui fire disaster relief. All donations will provide direct relief to families and nonprofits directly affected by the Maui fire disaster. Click here to donate.
Don’t forget! Now through August 21, 2023, 100% of the net proceeds from everything sold in The Search for Tiki shop will be donated to disaster relief efforts. We will be randomly adding limited edition items in the shop between now and then, so check back periodically.